Panjury is made up of thousands of sub-communities, each focused on a specific topic. There is a subjury for Asian actors, a subjury that deals with specific restaurants, and probably a subjury that deals with your local university! (If it doesn’t exist you can create one!)
Simply click here to create your own subjury! (https://www.panjury.com/subjury/create)
A moderator is just a regular Panjury user like you except they volunteer to perform a few humble duties within a particular community:
- They set the custom logo and styling, if any.
- They write the ‘about us’ page for the specific subjury
- They can mark their own links or comments as the community moderator's submission.
- They can remove specific subjects and comments from their community if they find them spammy or off topic.
- They can ban a spammer or other abusive user from submitting verdicts to their community. (This has no effect elsewhere on Panjury).
- Moderators have no special powers outside of the community they moderate and are appointed by the subjury owner and not by Panjury.
The reason there are separate subjury is to allow niche communities to form, instead of having one BIG monolithic Panjury. These communities distinguish themselves with their own unique focus, look and moderation policies: what's on- and off-topic there, whether people are expected to behave civilly or can feel free to be brutal, etc.
If you have an ideological issue with the subjury, an issue with the way a subjury is being run, or simply a personal vendetta against a moderator, you can create a competing subjury to take on the existing one!
If you create a subjury you will automatically become its owner (possessing all moderator perks and abilities). If you'd like to become a moderator of an existing subjuries, you have to ask the owner for it! I bet many subjuries are actively look for volunteers.
It’s on the subjury's own 'About' page.